The project networking track of ESWC2018 will provide an opportunity for
- Knowledge sharing among EU and national projects
- Data and technology transfer between projects
- Presentation and discussion of project requirements and results with ESWC participants
- Discussion about funding opportunities such as H2020 and ERC
Also, it will include a presentation by a representative of the European Commission on the European Research Council (ERC) and ERC funding schemes.
The project networking track is intended to provide national and EU funded projects with the ability to connect with each other and engage in discussions about their respective research and development, establish opportunities for knowledge and technology sharing, and identify complementary activities and goals which can form the basis for future collaborations, research proposals, researcher exchange or joint participation at events or in initiatives.
We equally welcome submissions from recently finished projects, which have results to transfer as well as recently started EU and national projects, which are seeking datasets and tools to perform their work.
Projects willing to participate at the session must submit a 2-page extended abstract (PDF, Springer LNCS style). The abstract should introduce the project, briefly describe its R&D activities and goals and outline what the project would show / demonstrate in the session, focused specifically on what the project plans to offer to other projects and/or wishes to request from other projects. This should be backed up by links to online datasets, tools or use cases where requirements are identified.
There will be a limited number of places for projects in the networking space. Decisions about acceptance will be based on relevance to ESWC2018, tangible innovation and uniqueness in the R&D activities and a clear goal to benefit from networking with other projects.
The submissions page at Easychair is now open: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eswc2018eunw
- Abstract submission deadline: April 27th, 2018, 23:59
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: May 4th, 2018, 23:59
- EU Project Networking Session: TBA
- Maria Maleshkova, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
- Programme Committee: TBA