ESWC 2018 INDUSTRY TRACK CONTRIBUTIONS
The industry track seeks to present the state of adoption of semantic technologies in industrial applications. These technologies may be used in specific industries (e.g., media, financials, telecommunications, healthcare, life sciences, government, intelligence, public sector etc.) and in different application areas (e.g., business intelligence, smart cities, analytics, search, content management, knowledge management, recommendation systems, data integration, automotive etc.).
We welcome contributions about stories of adoption of semantic technologies and knowledge graphs in real projects, especially by emphasizing how these technologies have succeeded in creating value for customers. You can also associate presentations to a sponsorship and dimostrators stands.
Come and join us at the ESWC 2018 industry track to share your experience!
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applications of semantic technologies in specific industrial domains (automotive, financial, healthcare and life sciences, energy industry, public sector etc.)
- Development and application of knowledge graphs for specific industries
- Successful application domains: Knowledge management, data integration, search, Business Intelligence, data analytics, open data, enterprise data management etc.
- Industrial trends related to the usage of Linked Data, Open Data and Semantic Web technologies
- Financial and strategic investments in semantic technologies
Successful submissions to this track will emphasize:
- real-world deployment experiences and strategic decision-making related to semantic technologies
- success stories from the deployment of semantic technologies
- discussion of scalability of the presented technologies
- quantitative measurements of the business value created by using semantic technologies
- a clear description of the impact in the respective industry and motivation for the need of semantic web technologies
- concrete lessons learned from these experiences
- areas where further research (or research in novel directions) is required
Industry paper should be submitted as extended abstracts (2-3 pages) or short papers (8 pages) following the guidelines given in the general call for papers. Light reviewing will be done by a committee led by the industry chair. Papers should have a semantic topic, should not be pure advertisement, or badly written.
- Deadline for submissions: Friday 6th April 2018
- Deadline for notifications: Friday 13th April 2018
Submission is open until April 6th via Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eswc2018, and will close on April 6th.